Here is a list of items you will need for getting started with your first SEO class
- Your computer, either a laptop computer if classes are to be held in our training room or any computer if we are holding our SEO classes online.
- Google Chrome browser, there are a few SEO extensions we’ll install and I’ll show you how to use in our first day of SEO training.
- A copy of your logo in square format, a headshot too if you have one. It might be good to start a folder of images related to your company including inside and outside photos, photos of your team, products, and services.
- A Google account, we’ll use that to share templates and presentation material using Google Drive.
We’ll also set up Google Analytics, Google Search Console and a Google My Business listing using that account. We’ll also use Google Drive and Google Docs and Sheets to share information such as keyword volumes, backlinks etc.
If you would like to create a new Google account just for your business that might make the most sense especially if you do not have any of the other services active yet.
- Login info for your website, we won’t need it right away but it will be good to have when we pass the screen over to you to take an initial look under the hood of your website and show you around.
- Logins for your social media accounts at LinkedIn and Facebook so we can create a business profile on each for your brand and show you how to share your content.
If you do not have access to all of the above items no worries, we’ll get them set up together.
I use Last Pass to make managing all of my passwords for me. Way easier and more secure than keeping them in a spreadsheet. You might give it a try too: https://lastpass.com
We do not have a set class curriculum because all classes are customized for each student but they will follow a general format of SEO strategy, keyword research, on-page SEO, getting backlinks and measuring success. I’ll outline what we will be covering in each SEO class so you will know in advance what is needed.
I hope that you are excited to get started being an SEO expert and watching your website start showing up at the top of Google search results.
Not signed up yet? Well what are you waiting for?